Thursday, July 30, 2009
Since the "journalists" haven't read the 1,000 plus page long ObamaCare bill and all they want you to believe is that President Obama is going to give everyone free cotton candy and ponies, then, due to their media malpractice, you may not know about the following atrocities in the Bill:
Pg 30 Sec 123- there will be a government committee that decides what treatments/benefits you get.
Pg 42 - The “Health Choices Commissioner” will choose your HC Benefits for you.
PG 50 Section 152- Healthcare will be provided to all non-US citizens, illegal or otherwise.
Pg 53- Severability “If any provision of the Act, or any application of such provision to any person or circumstance, is held to be unconstitutional, the remainder of the provisions of this Act and the application of the provision to any other person or circumstance shall not be affected.”
PG 102 Lines 12-18- Medicaid-Eligible Individual will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid.
pg 124 lines 24-25 No company can sue the government on price fixing. No “judicial review” against government monopoly.
pg 127 Lines 1-16- The government will tell the doctors what they can make.
Pg 145 Line 15-17 An Employer must auto-enroll employees into public option plan.
Pg 126 Lines 22-25 Employers must pay for healthcare for part time employees and their families.
Pg 149 Lines 16-24 Any employer with a payroll of $400k+ who doesn’t provide public option pays 8% tax on all payroll.
PG 150 Lines 9-13- Any employer with a payroll between 251k & 400k who doesn’t provide public option pays 2-6% tax on all payroll
Pg 167 Lines 18-23 Any individual who doesn’t have acceptable healthcare according to Govt will be taxed 2.5% of income.
Pg 170 Lines 1-3 Any nonresident Alien is exempt from individual taxes.
PG 203 Line 14-15- “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax.”
Pg 239 Line 14-24-Government will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor will be affected. Expendable.
PG 268 Sec 1141- Federal government regulates rental & purchase of power driven wheelchairs.
Pg 354 Sec 1177 - Government will restrict enrollment of special needs people
PG 425 Lines 4-12 Government mandates “Advanced Care Planning Consultations.”
PG 425 the Federal Government will require everyone who is on Social Security to undergo a counseling session every 5 years with the objective being that they will explain to them just how to end their own life earlier.
Pg 425 Lines 17-19: Government will instruct & consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney.
PG 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3: Government provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in death.
PG 427 Lines 15-24: Government mandates program for orders for end of life. The Government has a say in how your life ends.
Pg 429 Lines 1-9: An “advanced care planning consult” will be used frequently as patient's health deteriorates
PG 429 Lines 10-12: “advanced care consultation” may include an order for end of life plans.
PG 430 Lines 11-15- The government will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life.
Pg 768 Section 1713 Government - Nurse Home Visitation Services
Pg 769 3-5 Nurse Home Visit Services - “increasing birth intervals between pregnancies.” Government abortions anyone?
Pg 769 11-14 Nurse Home Visit Services include-economic self-sufficiency, employment advancement, school-readiness.
Pg 838-840 Government will design & implement Home Visitation Program for families with young kids & families expecting kids.
PG 844-845 This Home Visitation Program includes Government coming into your house & telling you how to parent.
PG 898 The Government will establish a Public Health Workforce Corps. to ensure supply of public health professionals.
Monday, July 27, 2009
- our family is so excited for the return of grandma and grandpa mclane today, as they make their way back to the good ol' US of A after having been in Belize for almost 4 weeks. we've enjoyed following their journey on their blog, but are glad to finally have them back on our soil. we look forward to hearing more stories from their trip!
- i've been feeling kind of lonely lately- only because my husband has been spending much of his time with this: an acrylic painting of an A-10 fighter that he is working on for our nephew's birthday (michal, don't let ryan see my blog today!)
- don't ever do a google search for images of bloated ticks unless you feel like puking. i found a bug in the house this morning and was curious to find out what it was....sure enough. gag!
- my grandma scruggs has recently been working on scanning old photo slides she has of the family, and getting them online. supposedly, back before my day, when digital cameras were not yet in existence, photo slides were one way people would capture and save their memories. :) here's a cool picture my dad emailed me of his first job as a milk delivery boy. he's standing in the middle, in front of the milk truck. i love this picture. :)
and i am thinking that jacob looks a lot like my uncle darryl (who is in the front right of the picture)
- kate's been feverish for about 3 days now, back and forth between 99.9 and 102.5. i am anxious to get her to the dr this week to find out what it is. she doesn't seem to have any other symptoms, except for a cold about 3 weeks ago. she doesn't have teeth yet, but i am not ruling out that these fevers could be the beginning of the teething stage. we spent some time outside yesterday, during a low point of her fever. she LOVES the pool! she sure doesn't act sick. :)
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
isabel spent most of her time in the pool. while the tractor was very exciting to her too, splashing in the water and playing "ring around the rosy" was her choice activity.
i kind of felt bad laying jacob down for nap, because mr. farmer was still hard at work in the next field over. i guess we have 1 more day of fun, watching them bale, but that will have to hold us over until the fall when they come to cut again.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
kate eating the 1st course of breakfast this morning (stacia, this is for you to show kieran, so he can see how it works :) ) pardon the noise in the background- jackson was scarfing down his breakfast, nice sound effect to kate eating cheerios though.
2nd course- gagging on bananas/apples/pears gerber baby food. (don't know WHY in the world a baby would not like fruit?!)
3rd course- kisses from daddy- it irritates the junk out of her! i think she is not fond of the rough "5-oclock shadow" that is almost always gracing jesse's face. mommy is always there to rescue her and give her nice soft kisses and maybe a few little nibbles of her cheek!
we're on to phase 2 of my 1st ever garden (phase 1 was strasberries, which occured in late may, early june). my first tomatoes have started. yay! homemade salsa- here we come!
jackson looked so handsome in the sunset light yesterday evening.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Saturday, July 4, 2009
my mom and step-dad left this morning for a 4 week trip to Belize. they return there every year to assist in a teacher training seminar at the Presbyterian Teachers College of Belize. they will be updating their travel blog at http://www.buenosdiasbelize.blogspot.com/ but in the meantime have left us with some things we can pray for as they are away:
- Pray for our final preparations, smooth flight connections, and processing through Customs & Immigration.
- Pray for our adjustment to the climate (hot & very humid!). Especially for Linda who struggles with the heat more than Dale.
- Pray for our interactions with the many friends we have in Belize - that Christ and the light of the Gospel would shine through us.
- Pray for Dale’s work with Ismael Vallejos, General Manager of the Presbyterian Schools, as they work to develop a new board structure and governance model for the schools.
- Pray that we can overcome cultural differences about how to approach education.
- Pray for Dale and Linda as they work with Carla Stevens on the new Teacher Training Modules.
- Pray for Linda as she will be helping to organize the teaching modules materials and putting them in final form.
- Pray for Cornerstone Presbyterian High School – Pray for transformed hearts, renewed vision, and a sense of God’s strengthening presence. Pray for Albert Zantingh, principal, for his strength and refreshment.