Tuesday, December 4, 2007

happy birthday to me...

it was a weekend full of fun as i celebrated my 27th birthday. it all began on friday with a surprise at work. my friend candace had made cupcakes and invited a group of my friends to sing happy birthday to me....a surprise to me. and lets just say, i think all 150 people in the office heard them singing- what a nice embarrassing moment. :)

it continued onto friday evening, jesse took me out to my favorite mexican restaurant, abuelo's, while jacob attended a night of free babysitting called "Time Out" (courtesy of a group of Creation Museum staff).

and still it continued onto saturday morning, as my friends jessie and mandy were to take me shopping...only to find a SURPRISE birthday brunch waiting for me when we went to pick mandy up at her place. so i got to enjoy my favorite meal (yes, breakfast) with a group of 6 girls. we ate pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, delicious scrambled eggs, biscuits and chocolate gravy, danish pastry from Panera, fresh fruit and dip, hash browns, and i am sure i am forgetting the other things. it was a wonderful surprise and a nice time together.




saturday evening jesse and i decorated the tree. we went with simple this year- just snowflakes and white lights. it is all we needed and all we cared to spend time on.



brithday morning i woke up (at 8 am- yes that is a huge sleep-in!) to the smell of baking cake and pancakes. jesse had my cake in the oven and he was fixing me pancakes for breakfast.
we spent a nice day together as a family...even though jesse and i are still getting over colds and we were slightly feeling miserable....it was a good day. :)




and i can't end without mentioning the tragic ending of my birthday day....all i need to say is Bengals-10, Steelers-24.....sniffle........

3 comments:

Lauren Bryson said...

What a fun birthday!! I haven't seen you in FOREVER! Hope to see you thursday!

running shoes said...

yeah! Happy Birthday to you!

Lee and Candace said...

What nice friends you have!:P I'm glad you had a great weekend!