Wednesday, October 8, 2008

surprise!

i have great friends. well, they lied to me, but i guess i can forgive them because they threw a wonderful surprise baby shower for me on saturday. it was just supposed to be a girl's lunch, with some of my friends from work, and then they told me it was a surprise birthday party for one of our friends. well, when i arrived they were yelling "surprise", not to the birthday girl, but to the pregnant one. there were beautiful balloons and gifts in the living room, and there were streamers and a cookie cake in the dining room. we had all brought a taco topping to have a taco bar and candace made my favorite strawberry jello-pretzel salad.

it was a fun time! i felt very blessed to have such wonderful, thoughtful, generous friends.

since i wasn't prepared with my camera, i only have this one picture yet, and more are to come from another camera. here's the cookie cake:


so now i am ready for her to come! with some of the gifts i received on saturday that i have already put in the nursery, and my hospital bag mostly packed, i can say that i am feeling ok with going into labor any day! i have the diaper bag all packed and ready, and all i have to do is get jacob's overnight bag ready for the babysitter. this week i am 37 weeks and the baby is officially full term- so let's get this party started. :)


i guess i wouldn't mind holding off for a while longer...

please be in prayer for my mom, who will be having a heart cath procedure done this friday, the 10th, and kidney stone surgery next thursday, the 16th. these are both out-patient procedures, but she needs to be fully recovered and rested before she can come down to kentucky for grandma "duty". so, baby pié, if you could just wait a couple more weeks, that would be swell! :)
maybe some pregger pictures to come... i have to wait for the right day, you know? i know you are anxious to see them, brianne.

4 comments:

Karen and Mark said...

That's so sweet of your friends. Thanks for posting it. It's good to know you're have such a good community around you. Love to all. Karen/Gammie.

The Talberts said...

How sweet.
Although I'm a little disappointed because when I saw the subject title, I thought I was going to see a picture of the new babe. :)

the Pie family said...

i wish! or do i?

Andrea said...

I love strawberry pretzel salad!! I used to have it all the time when I lived in Iowa...I hope Aunt Linda's procedures go well, keep us posted! And we'd love to see some new pics!!