Friday, January 30, 2009

he's still alive?!

unbelieveable! the crushed red pepper must have had no affect on that darned mouse. he is still alive and eluding our efforts to end his sad little life.

we thought the red pepper would have done the trick (even though that wasn't a trap set by us- just the dumb little mouse being curious), but it didn't. so we set a trap the other night with fruit loops. when jesse came home on wednesday evening to check if our power was back on- there was the trap on the living room floor, with a dead mouse, and- get ready for it- dog slobber. YUCK! yes, our dog, jackson, whom we have been doting on the last few days ever since we saw the movie "Marley & Me", had a mouthful of nasty mouse germs. let me just say he has not been getting any attention from me since wednesday! thanks to jesse who was willing to wash the dog's mouth out with anti-bacterial soap.

so our mouse problem is taken care of...not! there is now another little guy that is making home in my cooking utensil drawer. oh disgusting! don't worry, my utensils have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected and have taken up temporary residence elsewhere.

so last night jesse set 3 peanut butter traps for him. we woke up this morning- little terror had licked all the goodies off all 3 traps without engaging them. and to rub it in, he ran right past me this morning as i was at the kitchen sink, sticking his tongue out at me (i just imagined that last part- the tongue thing didn't really happen)
oh!! he is going to get it! we are buying a case-load of traps this weekend and all mice at our house are GOING TO DIE!!!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

That is not fun. I'm sorry to hear of your mouse troubles. I can only imagine how much more gross it is when you have two little ones around. I must say, I did get a good laugh from it though. Sorry!

The Talberts said...

We had mice at our old house. They ate my peanut butter cookies. I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

We had a mouse problem last year. We killed so many mice with those stupid traps, and I can't tell you how many times one would run past me and I'd scream and Aaron would come running! They also got into our kitchen draws, and had to clean out ALL of them and disinfect everything. The good news is, we haven't had any problems this year at all. So, stick it out, kill the little buggers, and hopefully you'll be mouse-free next year!