Tuesday, November 9, 2010

exciting!

maybe only exciting for me, because i am the mom, but regardless... jacob just wrote his name, all by himself.




ok, so i told him what letters to write (except for the "J" because he knows that one well) but i gave him no instruction on how to make the letters.(we're still working on the "c", half the time he likes to make it backwards) he's actually learning!!! yay for Answers for Preschoolers!



other exciting news- jacob and kate had a quick visit from their grandma and grandpa mclane, as they stayed the night on their way home from a missions conference in chattanooga, tn. we loved having them, for the 13 hours that they were here. it's always a delight to have the grandparents visit!




and speaking of grandparents visiting, jesse's parents are heading down here this weekend to take care of the kiddos while i am out of commision. having my wisdom teeth extracted this friday. :( boooo. i'd appreciate your prayers. so not looking forward to the needles, anesthesia, and recovery. so long, wisdom.

6 comments:

The Sawyer Family said...

Cyd, we'll be praying for you. As a bit of encouragement, I have had three wisdom teeth removed-- two a few years ago: I ate pizza for dinner that night-- and another just a few months ago: I was worried that I'd get an infection or dislodge the scab because there was so little pain, I wanted to eat and drink as normal pretty much right away. The pain before was worse than the pain after. So it might not be as bad as you think. :)

Shane D. said...

Way to go, Jacob! And good luck with the dentist.

The Lady of the Holler said...

I'd say that was pretty exciting (Jacob's name-writing, that is -- not the wisdom-teeth-extraction thing)! :o)

Dale & Linda said...

Good Job, Jacob! We enjoyed our short visit and wish we could have stayed longer.
XOXO

Karen Pié said...

So proud of Jacob!!!

The Talberts said...

Yikes. Now that I'm reading this long after you've had your wisdom teeth out, I can tell you that my experience with wisdom teeth removal was the opposite of your first commenter's. It was, in fact, the worst pain I've ever experienced, including everything associated with having my four little ones. But Ben had his out and said it wasn't a big deal at all. I hope your experience was way better than mine!