Wednesday, February 16, 2011

my kids have stolen my brain

it's settled. having kids has made me dumb. i was a "straight A" student in high school. graduated with a 3.98 gpa.

and then i had kids.

this morning, at 8:15am, as jesse was leaving for work, i asked him to stop and pick something up from the grocery store on his way home. something really important that we had run out of. by lunchtime, when i was texting him to remind him to stop at the store, i could not, for the life of me, remember what it was i had asked him to get.

it's a sad, sad thing to lose your mind.

4 comments:

Dale & Linda said...

Yep, they say the mind is first to go.............. sorry

Kate said...

Yesterday I was talking to Joe on the phone and I said "okay I'll see you tomorrow" he said "right... or tonight"
Whatever, I have children not napping I don't have time to use my brain. :o)

Karen Pié said...

Wait until you hit menopause--then it's REALLY interesting!

Alyssa said...

I hate to tell you this, but it doesn't get better! That's why you have to write everything down in a blog! and then print it out!