Tuesday, March 27, 2012

he's going to kindergarten


i'm ready for time to start slowing down. i absolutely cannot believe that my firstborn is going to be a five year old in a little over a month. and here's the craziest part- we just registered him for kindergarten this coming fall!

jacob is growing up so fast! i love watching him learn and discover new things every day. his favorite thing to do is build with his legos- he can follow those teeny tiny instructions that make me go cross-eyed. he loves to draw tractors, and furnaces, and pretty much any kind of machine. he even makes some up- like the one he did today: a tractor pulling a weed-sucking machine. awesome. after we put him to bed at night, he asks for us to leave his light on so he can look at his big book "How Things Work"- he loves to figure things out!


last night when saying goodnight to him, he stroked my cheek (i can't make this stuff up) and said "mom, i love you 20 hearts." ahh!!! love him!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

he is so stinking cute! I can't believe your first and my last will be starting Kindergarten at the same time!!! I'll buy you a box of tissues if you buy me one!

Karen Pié said...

: )