Tuesday, September 15, 2009

big chocolate

we're not anywhere close to potty training jacob, but every now and then he wants to sit on the big potty. and sure enough he sits there and does some #1 (still have yet to do #2- he did a little bit one time, but i am not counting it).
when he successfully goes, we want to keep it positive and exciting and so we reward him with a few m&ms. sometimes i catch daddy giving him 5 or even giving him m&ms when jacob hasn't visited the potty- all my efforts for consistancy are flushed down the toilet- no pun intended.
so this morning i see jacob dropping his pants... one of the signs that he is getting ready to ask to "sit on the big potty". and so he did. and so he went.
and after he was finished he headed to the m&m cabinet in the kitchen, and quickly diverted himself to another cabinet where mommy keeps her stash of dove dark chocolates.

"want big chocolate!" he says, pointing to the mentioned cabinet.

i respond, "let's get your m&ms, jacob. you were a big boy and went pee-pee on the potty!", trying to distract him from my stash.

it doesn't work.

"WANT BIG chocolate!!" ugh! what do i do??!

so i remembered we had some hershey bar leftover from campfire this weekend... phew! no sacrificing my dove dark chocolate here! he seemed ok with the hersheys. :)

how does he even know where my stash is?? daddy!!!!??

6 comments:

Jesse Pié said...

sorry babe, it wasn't me.

Dale & Linda said...

Kids are watching - even when we think they aren't. How many times a day do you get yourself a piece of "big chocolate"?

The Sparks Family said...

I love that you have a stash! I might have to follow in your footsteps, as long as I can find a cabinet the kids can't reach ... =)

the Pie family said...

i limit myself to 2 a day... guess he's got eyes in the back of his head...just like all my teachers did.

Karen and Mark said...

...he's one bright boy. Not pullin' anything over on him anymore.

The Talberts said...

haha. so funny.

Somehow my kids have gotten accustomed to Green & Blacks - any variety will do. Dark. Dark with mint. Toffee. Milk chocolate. Whatever. And I'm wondering how I got snobby kids who want organic, high priced chocolate instead of like .. bubble gum. Or those big suckers that look like rings. Something that would only set me back like .. twenty five cents.